Dr. Oliak and his Orange County weight loss surgery program prioritize high-quality surgery (gastric sleeve, gastric bypass, revision bariatric surgery) and patient care (education, follow-up, support) to achieve excellent, industry-leading patient outcomes.
Our Orange County Weight Loss Surgery Program
Weight loss surgery is a service that includes the performance and details of the operation (e.g. quality of technique, sleeve size, etc.) and patient care (education, follow-up, support). Quality of service has a major impact on patient outcomes.
Our approach is to deliver industry-leading quality of service with the goal of achieving excellent, industry-leading patient outcomes.*
Features of our Orange County weight loss surgery program:
- Premier Surgeon – Dr. Oliak is a leading bariatric surgeon who is experienced (>2500 operations since 2002), and who has an established record of excellent, industry-leading patient outcomes.*
- Top-Notch Surgical Team – We utilize an experienced and proven surgical team. The two most important team members, after the surgeon, are the anesthesiologist and assistant surgeon, and both have worked with Dr. Oliak for >10 years.
- Best/Safest Surgical Facilities – We utilize accredited ASMBS (American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery) bariatric surgery center of excellence hospitals, not outpatient surgery centers.
- Education – Weight loss surgery is ultimately a tool that must be used appropriately to achieve maximal success. We prioritize thorough preoperative and postoperative education to ensure that patients know exactly how to be maximally successful.
- Follow-Up – We prioritize frequent follow-up appointments with Dr. Oliak during the first year after surgery to help ensure appropriate weight loss success so goal weight is achieved at 12-15 months postop.
- Great Prices – For self-pay patients, we offer competitive prices and attractive financing options through CareCredit.
- **Great Outcomes** – We have a 15+ year record (>2500 operations) of excellent, industry-leading patient outcomes. Our weight loss statistics and complication statistics rank among the best in the weight loss surgery field.*
Other Weight Loss Surgery Programs
Not all weight loss surgery programs provide a high quality of service. Lower quality programs often have the following characteristics:
- Less experienced, less skilled surgeons, or surgeons with experience but without a proven record of good outcomes. The individual surgeon is the #1 predictor of patient outcomes after surgery (reference), so compromising on surgeon quality is a risky decision.*
- A focus on volume and speed instead of quality. It simply takes longer to provide higher quality surgery and patient care.
- Anesthesiologists with less bariatric surgery experience/skill.
- No assistant surgeon, or using the surgical tech as the assistant.
- Minimal preoperative preparation/education.
- Lack of postoperative follow-up.
- No documented record of surgeon/program weight loss/complication statistics.