We offer a premier Orange County weight loss surgery program with an established record of excellent, industry-leading patient outcomes for a competitive bariatric surgery self-pay price.* Financing is available through CareCredit. We also offer a discounted bariatric surgery tourism package for out-of-state and out-of-country patients.
Gastric Bypass and Gastric Sleeve Self-Pay
Cash sleeve gastrectomy surgery and gastric bypass surgery patients have a lot of choice, from going to Tijuana or Monterrey Mexico to get the lowest price, to going to their local bariatric surgeon for convenience, to traveling further to get the best surgeon and program possible.
We offer the compelling combination of a premier program with a track record of great patient outcomes, and a competitive price.* Self-pay bariatric surgery patients have found our program to be compelling. This is why >30% of our patients have been bariatric surgery cash patients every year since 2007, and why gastric bypass and gastric sleeve cash patients have traveled from as far away as Saudi Arabia and India (and Mexico) to have surgery with us in Orange County.
Read about our program
Read about our outcomes
Our Orange County Weight Loss Surgery Program
Highlights of our premier Orange County weight loss surgery program are as follows:
- Premier surgeons – Dr. Oliak is a leading bariatric surgeon with a long record (>2500 operations since 2002) of excellent patient outcomes.*
- High-quality surgery – Dr. Oliak performs what he calls the measured gastric sleeve operation and the measured gastric bypass operation to achieve highly consistent and exact surgical anatomy.
- Great center of excellence hospital
- Premier anesthesiologist
- Experienced assistant surgeon
- Top-Notch Surgical Team
- A focus on patient education
- A focus on patient follow-up and support
- Great prices
- Great financing options through CareCredit
- Great patient outcomes – Dr. Oliak has an established record of weight loss results and complication statistics that rank among the best in the industry. When it comes to health and wellbeing, outcomes matter – a lot!*
Choosing Based on Price Instead of Quality
Of course everyone wants the lowest gastric bypass and gastric sleeve price possible. It is important to understand, however, that weight loss surgery is a service (and an art), and not a standardized, commodity product. Quality of service varies – a lot! Published studies demonstrate this by showing that outcomes – weight loss results, complication rates – vary over a wide range between different surgeons and programs.*
Outcomes vary between surgeons
Low price weight loss surgery programs generally are low price for several typical reasons:
- Less experienced, or less skilled, or less proven surgeon – The individual surgeon is the #1 determinant of complications after surgery.*
- Priority on speed of surgery and number of surgeries instead of quality of surgery – this is very common in the industry because there is not surgeon accountability for actual patient outcomes.
- Outpatient surgery center instead of center of excellence hospital – this is also common because it saves money, but outpatient surgery centers are not as safe as hospitals for weight loss surgery.
- Less experienced, or less skilled anesthesiologist – cheaper, but less safe.
- No assistant surgeon, or surgical tech assistant – again cheaper, but not having a qualified assistant surgeon compromises quality of surgery.
- Lack of focus on patient education – easy to skimp on education and follow-up once surgery in complete, but this is important to help ensure patients achieve the best weight loss outcome possible.
- Lack of focus on patient follow-up and support – same as above.
- No documented record of weight loss/complication statistics – lack of accountability (outcomes statistics) makes all of the above possible.
Bariatric Surgery Tourism
We offer a discounted price weight loss surgery tourism package for out-of-state and out-of-country patients.
Bariatric surgery tourism patients generally stay in the Orange County area for at least 1 week for surgery. During this week, patients attend one preoperative appointment and education class with Dr. Oliak, undergo surgery, and attend one postoperative appointment combined with a nutritional class to prepare for the transition onto regular food. Other preoperative appointments, and all subsequent postoperative appointments are done remotely by phone.
* Outcomes vary after weight loss surgery. Past outcomes may not be indicative of future outcomes.[/one_full]