We offer a premier Orange County weight loss surgery program with an established record of excellent, industry-leading patient outcomes for a competitive bariatric surgery self-pay price.* Financing is available through CareCredit. We also offer a bariatric surgery tourism package for out-of-state and out-of-country patients.
Gastric Bypass and Gastric Sleeve Self-Pay
Cash sleeve gastrectomy surgery and gastric bypass surgery patients have a lot of choice, from going to Mexico to get the lowest price, to going to the local bariatric surgeon for convenience, to traveling further to get the best combination of bariatric surgery price and quality.
We offer what we believe to be a compelling combination of quality and price.* This is why approximately 40% of our patients have been bariatric surgery self-pay patients since 2007, and why gastric bypass and gastric sleeve cash patients have traveled from as far away as Saudi Arabia and India to have surgery with us in Orange County.
What We Offer
- Premier Surgeon – Dr. Oliak is a leading bariatric surgeon who is experienced (>2500 operations since 2002), and who has an established record of excellent, industry-leading patient outcomes.*
- Great Surgical Facility – We utilize an accredited ASMBS (American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery) center of excellence full-service hospital, not an outpatient surgery center.
- Top-Notch Surgical Team – We utilize an experienced and proven surgical team. The two most important team members, after the surgeon, are the anesthesiologist and assistant surgeon, and both have worked with Dr. Oliak for >10 years.
- Education – We prioritize thorough preoperative and postoperative education so patients know exactly how to be maximally successful.
- Follow-Up – We prioritize frequent follow-up appointments with Dr. Oliak during the first year after surgery to help ensure appropriate weight loss success so goal weight is achieved at 12-15 months postop.*
- Great Prices – We offer competitive gastric bypass and sleeve gastrectomy cash prices, and offer attractive weight loss surgery financing options through CareCredit.
- **Most important** – We have an established track record of excellent, industry-leading patient outcomes. Our weight loss statistics and complication statistics rank among the best in the weight loss surgery field.*
Choosing Based on Price Instead of Quality
Of course everyone wants the lowest gastric bypass and gastric sleeve price possible. It is important to understand, however, that weight loss surgery is a service, and not a standardized, commodity product. Quality of service varies. Published studies prove this by showing that outcomes – weight loss results, complication rates – vary over a large range between different surgeons and programs.*
Low price programs generally are low price for several typical reasons:
- A less experienced, less skilled, less proven surgeon. The individual surgeon is the #1 predictor of patient outcomes after surgery (reference), so compromising on surgeon quality is a risky decision.
- An outpatient surgery center instead of a full-service hospital – cheaper, but riskier.
- A less experienced anesthesiologist – cheaper, but riskier.
- No assistant surgeon, or using the surgical tech as the assistant – cheaper, but riskier.
- Minimal preoperative preparation, and minimal postoperative follow-up.
- No documented record of surgeon/program weight loss/complication statistics.
Bariatric Surgery Tourism
We offer a discounted rate weight loss surgery tourism package for out-of-state and out-of-country patients.
Bariatric surgery tourism patients generally stay in the Orange County area for at least 1 week for surgery. During this week, patients attend one preoperative appointment and education class with Dr. Oliak, undergo surgery, and attend one postoperative appointment combined with a nutritional class to prepare for the transition onto regular food. Other preoperative appointments, and all subsequent postoperative appointments can be done remotely by phone.
Call Marlena at the office to learn more about our discounted rate gastric bypass and gastric sleeve tourism packages.
Learn More About Our Orange County Bariatric Surgery Self-Pay Program
Learn more about what sets our Orange County weight loss surgery program apart from others: our surgeon, our program, our record of outcomes, and our patient testimonials.
More about Dr. Oliak
More about our program
More about our outcomes
Take the Next Step
Schedule a free, no-obligation educational consultation with Dr. Oliak to learn more about weight loss surgery and our program.
Request free consult
* Outcomes vary after weight loss surgery. Past outcomes may not be indicative of future outcomes.